Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Photo Shoot

So it's Halloween and nothin's goin' on around here. No party, no celebrating, no bones. No little kid is gonna walk down our long scary driveway for a bag of M&Ms, especially with me on border patrol! So M and C got this stupid idea -- let's take pictures of Sparky in costumes for his blog! Cripes! Number one -- costumes are for little wimpy dogs; I call 'em yappers! Number two -- they didn't even get me a real costume, ya know, somethin' cool like Superman or Darth Vader. Just used bits and pieces of old costumes, adding insult to injury. But hey -- I'll work for treats. So wanna see how that all went down?


A skeleton is a decent costume. It's scary and black and white, just like me. This is not a costume -- it's just a freakin' mask!






I like to wear a mask the same way I wear a hat -- between my teeth!




Actually I was informed that this hat is a true piece of Texas folk art, made by Billy Ray Gipson of Conroe. Whatever. Don't worry -- the damage was minimal.


Anyone know where I left my purple pumps?


Beldar Conesnout -- I don't think so!


Oh yeah -- a ghost. Now there's an original idea! Let's go all out -- spare no expense!

I like to wear it this way, ballgown style. Don't get me wrong -- I don't cross dress. In fact I usually don't dress at all.

Anyone ready for some salsa? Flamenco? Merengue?

Hey -- don't laugh! I'm a darn good dancer, and I gotta flair for that Latin style!


What am I -- Little White Riding Hood??


I'd rather be the Big Bad Wolf!

Now this hat is cool -- who knows who I'm impersonating here?


You gotta be kidding!!! Angel wings? Now this is the ultimate humiliation!


Treats or no treats, it's time I took control here!


Yeah!!! Here's how I like to wear angel wings! Let's play "try and get the angel wings away from Sparky!"

Again, minimal damage. Jamie can still wear these some Halloween when she's feeling angelic. Or not. Whatever.

And another thing. Can you believe how last minute this blog is? A Halloween blog on Halloween? So much for the big build-up! But Happy Halloween everyone, woof woof!

4 comments:

  1. if laughter is the best medicine. I AM HEALED.
    good god almighty
    how i laughed today.
    sparky aint nobody like you.
    happy halloween you big lug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this costume stuff that M & C make you go through is way beneath you Sparky. xxxPokie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am so glad to meet a real dog's dog. I'm with you about costumes being for wimpy dogs, Sparky. But you rocked the skull!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paula -- I'm proud to pay a part in your recovery! Stick with me babe -- I'll have ya runnin' rings around those other metalworkers! Thanks, thanks for bein' a faithful follower!

    Don'tcha know it, Pokie! I just put up with it to make 'em feel better, and er, um, for the treats.

    Thanks Collage! And I hear you're a real artist's artist, and I mean that in a good way! Yeah, the skull was cool but too bad they couldn't spring for the body! Woof woof!

    ReplyDelete