Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dog show at Reliant

So last Friday I went with M and C to the dog show at Reliant Stadium! Pretty awesome, huh? It was my longest car ride ever! Zara didn't get to go -- she had to stay home and guard the place, but she doesn't like car rides anyway, and she loves watch-doggin'.



They had everything there! Agility, flyball, frisbee, freestyle, judging dogs on how they look, and lots more! The Texas Twisters flyball tream wasn't competing on Friday so I didn't see any dogs running that I knew, but there was plenty of other interesting stuff! Even better than watching dogs compete is smelling what kind of treats human have in their pockets!




And then there were vendors, vendors, vendors! Selling anything a dog could ever want! I don't mind a little shopping at all!




The humans that go to a dog show all like dogs, and lots of them wanted to pet me. The kids were very polite -- most asked C or M "can I pet your dog?" I didn't mind a bit! One girl said she was planning on petting every dog at the dog show. Good luck cutie!




There were lots of rescue groups there with different breeds of dogs. Of course we had to stop and visit with the border collies! This isn't a great photo, but when you get a few border collies together, things are happenin' fast!





Here I am at Westie Rescue. C has a thing for Westies -- I don't mind! The dog she had before me, Dinah, was a Westie. St. Dinah, I call her; apparently she was practically perfect!





Somethin' about these twins just didn't smell right to me...



I saw lotsa canines at the show, but not many as fancy as this one! I know I'm not really in her league, but I swear, this beyatch was givin' me the eye!





Check out her cut and color! Too bad you can't really see her hair extensions in this photo. C said she reminded her of an old chenille bedspread, but I thought she was pretty hot!





C kinda wanted to consult with the pet psychic, but instead she read my mind herself and saw I didn't wanna. I'm already on facebook -- I don't need any more invasions of my privacy!



Now I do love going in shops that specialize in items for dogs! I like what they sell, and I like the friendly merchants!




This was a very groovy booth! All tee shirts about dogs! We met Jim, the owner, who designs and silkscreens the shirts. Check out his website -- www.magrags.com --these shirts make great gifts for those dog-loving humans on your list!



Actually there was stuff for sale that didn't have much to do with dogs. I didn't mind waiting while C got an aloe vera hand masage...



...just as long as we stopped at vendor booths that I wanted to look at! And smell! And taste!



Man, was I wiped out on the way home! Hey, how do you like my new backseat hammock? Makes for a totally comfy ride and none of my hairs on the car seat!



Zara wasn't jealous that we went to the dog show, but she was really glad to see us when we got home!



Check out C's tee shirt that she bought from the Mag Rags Sportswear guy! M bought a shirt too, but it's a gift for someone so I can't show ya!



All in all it was a really fun time, even when I had to be in the crate for awhile, and I recommend going to the Reliant Dog Show! Well, ya missed it this year, but I totally think you should go next year! Maybe I'll see ya there! Woof woof!


No comments:

Post a Comment