Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Flyball

So did I tell you about my flyball class? Yeah, I'm takin' a class -- it's my third one. I had intermediate obedience (skipped beginner cause I was homeschooled), beginning agility, and now flyball. Agility was fun and challenging, but I'm all about speed and that's what I like about flyball!

In case you've never played, here's what you do. You start at one end of a long room (yeah, indoors; it's Texas in the summertime!) and you run as fast as you can to the other end of the room, jumping four hurdles on the way.


Then you step on this pedal and a tennis ball pops out! I try and catch it as it pops out but mostly I have to chase it down. Then you race back to the starting point, jumping the four hurdles again. If you've seriously never seen this done, check out some pros!


Sometimes when I get the ball I try and get Sammi Jo, my trainer, to play "Try and Get the Ball Away From Me," but for some reason Sammi Jo won't play that. My favorite part is running -- I am FAST!


So fast I beat the camera!!! Pssst! Anyone know where I can get a competent photographer?


Talk about fast, you should see Lily! Wow -- she's like the queen of flyball! She's very intense, but a total babe!


Here's me and some of my flyball friends. That's Gator in the back trying to start something with me.


That's Slick in the front, trying to start something with me. The other two guys are Scamper (brown and white border collie) and Grogan (brown lab/vizla cross).

When C tells me we're going to Biscuit (Bed, Bath and Biscuit -- where my class is!) I get so excited I have to run a lap around the house before I jump in the car! Just takes a few seconds -- I told you I'm f-a-s-t!

No comments:

Post a Comment