Friday, June 4, 2010

I love my pond!

So the other day I was telling you about things I like, and I got to thinking. Yes, I said thinking! I know I said I was a man of action, and I meant dog of action, but I have my reflective moments also! So I was thinking about other things that I like, and I realized that some of the things I like would r-e-a-l-l-y gross you out if you're not a dog. (Somethings might just gross you out a little, like that morsel below my paw that I've been gnawing on for a few days.) I'll try and focus on things that humans don't think are disgusting. What I'll do for a few readers!

So how about this -- a cool dip in the pond in the good old summertime! I LOVE my pond, and on hot days I'm in and out all day long! It's great for cooling off, but it's more than that. It's just a great place to hang out and play. Here I am, the terrifying alligator, stalking my hapless prey!

I heard C say once that if she fell off the dock into the pond she'd probably have a heart attack before she reached the shore. Huh? I don't get it! There's nothing but a bunch of fish, frogs, snakes and turtles swimming around. Nutria? I don't think so! I'd be the first to know!
The most fun is being in the water, but scouting around the shoreline is also way cool. And, you can do that any time of year.


Of course, you can find a lot more in the summertime, especially if you wade into the cattails. You wouldn't believe all the action in there! Amphibians and reptiles galore, not to mention the birds and mammals!
Did you know that turtles get out of the pond to go lay their eggs? I don't know why we have so many turtles -- something always digs up their eggs and eats them, and it's not me! I'd rather eat the turtle than the egg! Whoops...sorry. I wouldn't do that. I've never done that.

If you're a dog, come on over for a swim! If you're a human, I can cool you off by shaking on you when I get out. Everyone seems to react enthusiastically to that!


Till next time, keep cool! Woof woof!

2 comments: